Mark is a native of Greenville, South Carolina and a graduate of the University of South Carolina (B.S. banking and finance). Mark worked at Coldwell Banker Commercial (property management, Atlanta GA) and US Shelter Corporation (real estate syndication, Greenville SC & Kansas City MO), prior to returning to Greenville for good in 1986.
Since 1986, Mark has been a principal in and developed residential subdivisions, apartment complexes, general office space, flex space, industrial and retail shopping centers, as well as being an organizer and board member of Southern First Bank (SFST). Mark credits his success to a vibrant community and his good working knowledge of the many disciplines associated with real estate development, including civil engineering, architecture, construction, real estate law, finance, and marketing. His broad knowledge of these disciplines has allowed him to be involved with many successful projects over multiple product types in all phases of the business cycle.
Mark resides in Greenville with his wife Julie; they have two adult children. He enjoys golf, fly fishing, old sports cars and traveling.
- Director of Acquisitions, Midwest Region – US Shelter Corporation
- Current Director/Organizer – Southern First Bank (SFST)
- Current Member & Past Chairman of NAIOP National Business Parks Forum
- Current Member NAIOP Tax and Legislative Committee
- Current Property Manager, Coldwell Banker Commercial
- Board Member, Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member of the Upstate Carolina Angel Network (UCAN)
- Past President, South Carolina chapter of NAIOP
- Past Advisory Board – Greenville National Bank
- Past Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Board